Popular Posts

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Traditions

we got our custom made hanboks! Hanbok is the traditional Korean dress. I expressed how I wanted to incorporate Korean wedding traditions into our wedding and my dad was so so so kind and generous to get Trav and I are own. there's two types: the Korean wedding hanboks which look like this

those are beautiful and also very very expensive so we have a variation on that look.

Pae-Baek is the ancient Korean wedding ceremony. It's difficult to observe the whole ceremony so we're hoping to take bits. My mom and I were brainstorming and we're thinking of having the rice wine (cheongju) portion. Traditionally, the rice wine is stored in large earthenware jars
and is poured into small cups made from two halves of a gourd by the bride's mother.
The bride and groom sip from their separate cups and then the wine is poured once more into one gourd cup that the bride and groom share and sip again. This symbolizes the wedding vow.

I am really excited to observe some of these traditions and cannot wait to share them with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment